Last updated on 12 December, 2016
Welcome to the Viggo Smart Stay Application (Viggo BV, together with any affiliates, the “Company“, “Viggo“, “we“, “our” or “us“), where users can manage all their hotel stay needs at the palm of their hand, and hotels can offer their services through the simple and easy Content Management System (the “CMS“). The Viggo Smart Stay Application (the “Application“), and all related software thereto (including updates and upgrades) (the “Software“), as well as the CMS, enables users and hotels to be simply connected and facilitates every hotel stay (the Application, Software, and CMS, together, the “Service”).
Please note that your personal information may be processed in countries where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you from various sources, including the following:
Information Provided by you
You may provide us with certain information in your account, including but not limited to, your name, address, email, phone number, birthday, country of residence, and spoken language(s).
We collect any information contained in e-mails or other messages that you send us, including through our contact forms.
Information from other Third Parties
We may regularly receive information from our business partners, advertising agencies, customers, service providers and other third parties. Such information helps us and them understand ad delivery and online activity, and generally helps improve the Service.
Technical and other Information
We receive data from the mobile phone or other device you use to access the Service. This may include your IP address, system and language, date and time of visits, location, the name you have associated with your device, and the way that you interact with ads and other types of content.
When placing orders through the Service, the hotel will collect billing and financial information it needs to process your charges which may include your postal address, e-mail address and financial information. We do not collect or store your financial information, however, our payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, such as your name, billing address and the items or services purchased in order to fulfill your order.
How We Collect Information
Our primary source of information is the information provided to us by you. Other sources of information include various third parties, as set forth above, and may including the following:
· “Cookies” – data files, which often include a unique identifier, sent to your browser and placed on your computer or mobile device in order to enable you to more easily communicate and interact with the Service and store certain information. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your session) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them). Usually you can set your device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being received. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Some of the content included in the Service, such as ads, may be provided by third parties, and this content may also contain and send cookies to your mobile device.
· “Beacons” or “Pixels” – electronic files used to track your navigation through the Service, our application or email messages sent to you, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behavior.
· “Log Files” – when you use the Service we may track and record actions occurring on the Service and collect certain technical data including your IP address, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed.
How We Generally Use the Information
We use the information we collect, first, to better provide you with the Service. We put together all the information available to us to maximize the relevance and quality of the Service. For example, we use the information that we collect in order to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide personalized advertising, content, and information to our users; (c) monitor and improve the effectiveness of the Service and our marketing; (d) monitor aggregate metrics and statistical information regarding the Service and the users thereof; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers; and (f) help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
We also use the information we collect for purposes of administering and expanding the Service, providing customer service, making available other services to our users and prospective users, and enabling advertisers to deliver general and targeted ad content to you.
Occasionally, we may also use your contact information to contact you and notify you about important upgrades or changes to the Service, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable, on our behalf and on behalf of our partners. We may contact you through email, the Service, and other similar channels, provided you have opted-in to such an option. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive promotional communications by emailing us at email@example.com, or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the message, or by responding to the push notification or sms, as instructed.
We may share some of the information we collect from you with vendors and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Services and/or for analytics purposes.
Personally Identifying Information
The information you provide to us will include Personally Identifying Information (“PII“) which is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate or otherwise identify you, including any identifying information you have provided us in order to use the Service, such as your name, address, email address, your personal password, your mobile number, country of residence, and travel information. We do not collect PII except when provided voluntarily by you directly. We do not rent, sell or disseminate PII to third parties without your consent, other than:
- providing such PII to a hotel you are staying at, for purposes of providing you with the Service;
- disclosure to our employees, consultants, contractors, business partners, service providers and suppliers. Such disclosure is normally subject to the recipient’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations and the prevention of any independent right to use this information by the recipients, except as required to help us provide the Service;
- in response to a legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena; or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request; or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by law;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to enforce an agreement or to protect our rights;
- with any of our parent, or affiliated or successor entity; or
- to consummate, and as part of, any asset sale, transfer, merger or liquidation;
We only provide data to our advertising partners after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you. As stated above, we may allow third-party advertising agencies and networks to serve advertisements, or may ourselves serve advertisements, through the Service. Such ads may be based on the information provided to us, other than the PII. We do not provide any PII to such advertising agencies and networks. However, please note that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to a certain type of users or audience, and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. This Policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, third-party advertisers. Any solicitation of personal information through such advertisements is strictly between the advertiser and you.
You may choose voluntarily whether or not to provide us with your PII. If you choose to avoid providing your PII as we request it, you may be unable to access and use certain options, offers and services.
You may request that your account be disabled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deactivation and Deletion of Your Information
If you want to delete or remove your PII stored with us permanently, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include “Delete my Information” in the subject line and your full name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to your request in a timely manner, normally within forty-five (45) days. Upon such request, we will make our best efforts to remove all your PII from our database. However, please note that some information may not be deleted from all databases and backup records. If you have posted content on or through the Service, we may not be able to delete it and copies may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared publicly, or was copied or stored by others. We may also retain certain PII for customer service, legal and similar purposes. We reserve the right to keep all non-PII and continue to use such non-PII in accordance with this Policy after the termination of your account and deletion of all your PII.
We will only collect and use personal data information in accordance with this Policy to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes. We use industry standard measures to ensure the security of all information, including the use of passwords, firewalls, encryption and remote servers, and routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our Service. However, no transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise information security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register to the Service. If you are under 18, please do not use the Service and do not send any information about yourself to us. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us promptly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Service you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by placing a post regarding those changes on the Service or by other means, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes to this Policy are binding and effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this Policy, our information practices, or your dealings with us, you can contact us at email@example.com.